I'm Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrel Williams

TVWBB Super Fan
well, last fall I sold my WSM and invested in a Big Steel Keg grill. I still have a 26" Weber Kettle.

Well, last week it seems that Onward Mfg Co, which owns Weber-Stephens, bought the BSK line from Inzone (or maybe they bought Inzone outright-IDK) which means my BSK is really now a Weber BSK. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Will this mean that new BSK's may carry a Weber badge? perhaps

Will this mean Weber is taking steps to move into the arena for Kamado style grills? I can only hope.

Darrel, it's been SOOOOOOOO long, welcome back. Like the prodigal son returning from a long journey. Who knows what Weber will look like in a year or two?

Happy Smokin' or Grillin' as the case may be.

Mark

Darrell I think that Onward only owns the Weber distribution rights in Canada they don't own the company. I hope it's good news for keg owners myself now included again as I found one of the $149 deals yesterday.

"Onward Manufacturing continues to manufacture and distribute gas barbecue grills and accessories throughout Canada, the USA and around the world under the brands Broil King, Broil-mate, Sterling, Barbecue Genius and GrillPro. It also remains the sole Canadian importer and distributor for Weber barbecue grills and accessories and is the Canadian distributor of Ducane Gas Grills. "

More here.

Alas, Tim, you are correct. I was off and running on premature data. I hate when that happens.

I guess I can hold off on that stencil I was gonna use to paint Weber on my BSK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back