IKEA Handle Mod

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
I scored a used 22" WSM and immediately set out to mod it and add to my comp lineup.

IKEA Varde drawer handles.
IMG_4357.jpg

Mounted 4.5" below the top of the center section.
IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

Wired the grate to the charcoal ring.
IMG_4352.jpg

Cajun Bandit replacement door
IMG_4353.jpg

Cajun Bandit reversible Rotisserie Ring
IMG_4358.jpg

I'll be adding a remote probe grommet and this will be ready to roll!

I guess its different when you buy a used cooker, I feel like its already broken in and had no qualms about drilling into it. After muscling around my other 22" bullet, the handles were a no brainer!

It's an "AA" 2011, used a few times and the previous owner felt it was too big for him and a fuel hog (considering he's also a BGE owner, I can understand) $250!

Very Slick Lookin' Brian!
Are the handles stainless?
Do they get hot during a cook?
Why is the Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring "reversible"?
icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Very Slick Lookin' Brian!
Are the handles stainless?
Do they get hot during a cook?
Why is the Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring "reversible"?
icon_confused.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The handles are stainless, I imagine they will be HOT during a cook, and the Cajun Bandit ring is reversible to work on either the WSM or a Kettle. I just picked it up today and had the parts waiting to be utilized.

Very cool Brian! I need to look into one of the rotis rings. I have a motor from my genesis and I think the rod is long enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the Cajun Bandit ring is reversible to work on either the WSM or a Kettle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
EXCELLENT! Just What I Want!
Brian, do you remember the cost of shipping for this rotisserie?

Brian or anyone else who has made this mod. The handles look great and I want to make this mod, but have a question. Did you have to bend the attachment points to fit the rounded surface of the WSM? If so, how did you do it?

That's one pimped out WSM!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich S:
I will be wiring my charcoal grill this weekend. Nice Set up Brian!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wired mine several months ago and it's great! I should have done it when I first assembled it!

Chris, it makes it easier to lift the ring and grate as one.
To lift and give it a shake to sift out ashes on leftover coals and also to remove it as one piece to dump out the ashes from the charcoal bowl.

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry M:
Brian or anyone else who has made this mod. The handles look great and I want to make this mod, but have a question. Did you have to bend the attachment points to fit the rounded surface of the WSM? If so, how did you do it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a slight bend in the handle. Vice and a little pressure to conform to the center section.

Back