Ignitor issue

Jason in California

Closed Account
I noticed the past couple times I used my Q100 to cook that the ignitor wouldn't work after the grill was hot. It worked fine when I used it to initially fire up the grill but later on after it had been used and hot, the ignitor would not work to light the flame and I had to use a long match. Anyone know why this might be happening? I can still see the spark when I press the ignitor, but it just won't light the burners.

I agree with George. I would take a brass grill brush and lightly brush all of the burner holes to remove the stuff that deposits there during use. If the stuff blocking the holes is too tough to remove with the bras brush, poke with something metal like a safety pin and work carefully not to enlarge the burner holes.

Do you have battery or piezo ignition.
If it is battery replace the battery if it is piezo call Weber CS, You could try bending down the metal flap/box to capture more gas to ignite.

Cheers

Phil

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason K.:
I noticed the past couple times I used my Q100 to cook that the ignitor wouldn't work after the grill was hot. It worked fine when I used it to initially fire up the grill but later on after it had been used and hot, the ignitor would not work to light the flame and I had to use a long match. Anyone know why this might be happening? I can still see the spark when I press the ignitor, but it just won't light the burners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, I have had to get a new regulator twice since getting my BabyQ 120. Customer service says turn on your gas and wait a minimum of 60-90 seconds before turning the burner knob on the BabyQ to High/Start, and press the knob in to start, while pushing in on the start button. They claim they have a built-in safety device that slowly opens aftrer your fuel source is turned on, and it will NOT allow fuel to get through your regulator for 60-90 seconds. I've replaced two regulators but Weber warrantied them both. My last regulator made it cook like it should. One lady at Customer Service even asked how long my hose from my 20 pound tank to the regulator was and I told her 4 1/2 feet. She insisted it had to be 6 feet. I've been using that hose for quite some time. I later called and got another friendly lady and said they only sell 3 feet and 6 feet hoses. I wasted my money on letting the lady sell me a 6 foot hose. I got it at Lowe's the same day I bought the grill. I may return it and try to get my money back. Good luck. I'm very late posting this but better late than never.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
Do you have battery or piezo ignition.

Phil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slightly OT, but is it possible to replace the piezo one with the battery one (on a Q300)?

Back