Igniter

Cody suggested my thoughts. Clean the holes in front of the gas collector....Actually, you should probably just clean up the whole tube.

So you have replaced the actual push button, and not the electrode? I’m guessing it’s not getting enough gas into the little chamber the electrode sits in.
No, replaced the whole thing. With new parts. When I just did clean up I replaced with working one from a different (same gen) bbq

I wonder if there is some sort of restriction in the front tube or crossover, maybe even in the front valve? Or an area where the LP is pouring out of. Pull the flavor bars out and light it, take a pic of the flames and post it? This doesn’t make sense to me. I was thinking regulator, but usually it still puts out enough to light it.

Last edited:
The burner tube closest to the igniter had several blocked holes, but not near the igniter. Now clear.

Photo of holes before cleaning and of igniter test. (Screencap as I couldn’t attach video)

Will test once it’s back together.

Attachments

• IMG_9790.jpeg
    IMG_9790.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 7
And now the igniter works! But despite my cleaning flames are at least partially orange.

Advice?

Edit: speaking of obstruction the last few holes on that burner are not lighting! Weird, the holes are open.

Attachments

• IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 3
Correct! Thank you.

Next time I’ll use a wire wheel, would be faster.

Attachments

• IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9801.jpeg
    IMG_9801.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 7

Back