If you could only have one sauce....

Jefferey that's an interesting looking place, I'll definately have to check that out next time I'm in Seattle, is most of the food good quality?

Clark

Would that be Green leaf lettuce Joey??

Hope to cook with ya this year, sometime somewhere, though T know it might be tough for me since you are BIG TIME now.

Clark, The brisket is what got me interested in getting a smoker. It's so perfectly smoked and combined with the sauce it's out of this world. My son loves the ribs there. Some interesting items on the board and it's always pretty crowded in there.

Originally posted by Jefferey:
Clark, The brisket is what got me interested in getting a smoker. It's so perfectly smoked and combined with the sauce it's out of this world. My son loves the ribs there. Some interesting items on the board and it's always pretty crowded in there.
Wait until you really get the hang of things. It would have been an absolute crime to put any sauce on my last brisket it was so good. And I really prefer my bbq as pulled pork, but the thought of that brisket right now is making my mouth water.

I start with Sweet Baby Ray's and then doctor it up a little.
icon_biggrin.gif

Joe D.

I've been hearing a lot about your sauce Bill. Guess I'm gonna have break down and get me a bottle or two. You coming to Mt Vernon by any chance?

Originally posted by Jason Duhamell:
Hope to cook with ya this year, sometime somewhere, though T know it might be tough for me since you are BIG TIME now.

Jason- the only big time i am is a big time wannabe, just got a little lucky. We'll be in arthur for sure. Looking at taylorville too. Come on up to westmont or Shannon!

shoot me an email when you get a chance!

Originally posted by Scottie Johnson:
wannabe? Still? How long does it take to get off the wannabe status?

as long as it takes to get multiple wins...or maybe getting an RV
icon_wink.gif

BTW - just finished my Johnnies combo, juicy, hot on the side...i need a nap.

If you're from upstate New York, Dinosaur Bar-B Que makes 2 or 3 pretty good sauces: Sensuous Slathering Sauce and Roasted Garlic and Honey are my favorites.

Originally posted by Rick Kramer:
I've been hearing a lot about your sauce Bill. Guess I'm gonna have break down and get me a bottle or two. You coming to Mt Vernon by any chance?
wasnt planning on it Rick but I will be coming down to Alton sometime this summer to cook for a BBQ night at my cousins tavern possibly..thats not far from you is it? Otherwise Hawgeyes carries it.

Alton, huh? Yeah, that's about as close as you can get to us without actually being here.
icon_smile.gif

So what's the name of the tavern? I'm sure I'd know of it.

Rick

Ten Pin Lounge..on Broadway...
also I may have a booth selling sauce at the Landing in Godfrey at their yearly fundraiser. Its all up in the air right now
I will be in Westmont and at Shannon for the Butt To Butt this year..possibly Elk Grove..other than that I would suggest order through Hawgeyes..

p.s. I did drop off several sample bottles to Chileheads store in Alton as well..with pricing .they may still have some there.you could always bug them to buy some so you would have a local source
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Joe McManus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scottie Johnson:
wannabe? Still? How long does it take to get off the wannabe status?

as long as it takes to get multiple wins...or maybe getting an RV
icon_wink.gif

BTW - just finished my Johnnies combo, juicy, hot on the side...i need a nap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
as far as Im concerned..once you get your first GC you are no longer a wannabe

Back