If anyone in shouting distance is looking

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So if anyone in shouting distance of the Rockford IL metro, This looks like if could be a fantastic deal.

Great find. That top cap looks to be one of the best examples I’ve seen. The porcelain is usually all chipped in multiple places.

Last edited:
Yah, there is one near me for a few weeks now at $250. That one by you larry has been listed for a month or so, I think. I bet it could be had for $100 right now.

Did they ever make those in a natural gas version?

Just Googled it. Yes, they did.
Yes they did. Thanks to Bruce there is one on my deck that wife and I love. On a cool summer, fall evening when we want to be outdoors, we'll sit on the deck, we have a TV set as well we use out there. And we kick back to a nice fire, a ball game, and a nice meal or drinks.

20230718_205129.jpg20230718_211105.jpg

One thing I did do is I modded mine with casters and smooth large blue glass stones under the ceramic logs to give it a little "sparkle"

I wish this was closer to me:

Gerry
Well, jump on 294 and grab it. That is a total steal and well worth that drive. Heck if I did not have one I would even be tempted and you know where I live in relation. I would be all over that like white on rice

One thing I did do is I modded mine with casters and smooth large blue glass stones under the ceramic logs to give it a little "sparkle"
I think if I got one, I might build some kind of riser to get it 12-18" off the deck. That way you don't cook your feet before the rest of you gets warm.

Gerry

Well, jump on 294 and grab it. That is a total steal and well worth that drive. Heck if I did not have one I would even be tempted and you know where I live in relation. I would be all over that like white on rice
I'm thinking about it...
Well, I replied to his ad. waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
Larry, if you get it, they will come! By “they“ I mean I might !
Sadly I don't have a vehicle large enough to transport it. When Bruce showed up back in May with the one I have it was my first time laying eyes on one and the sheer size of the thing floored me. Not only that it's "solid". It weighs a ton

Back