Identify this grill please!

Robert Clark

TVWBB Pro
grill.jpg

Looks like one of the following:

-A latter-day Spirit-700. Older ones (the one I have) have cheaper-looking plastic tables, that look like vinyl, with fake-looking slat-lines molded into them. On mine, the "table" on the left simply lifts-out.

-An early Silver-B

My guess would be late '90s if it's a Spirit.
2001-2003 if it's a Silver-B - somewhere in that range.

Pull the Gas Valve Knobs, take-out the handful of screws that hold the black metal shield with the instructions on it, and look underneath. If you're lucky, that's where you'll find the model and serial number sticker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:
Thanks Ron.
I'm picking this up for free!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Free is "Banana's", and "Banana's" is good.
banana_smiley_28.gif

Lucky Dog!

If the picture is accurate, it should be in good shape. Even if ALL of the innards are shot, it would probably still be worth restoring. Once it's cleaned-up and restored - it'll cook like no tomorrow!

Looks like a great find! If you really want to know what it is I would do like Ron said and then call weber with the the model and serial number. They should be able to tell you exactly what it is and what month and year it was manufactured. They can also help with any parts you'll need.

Enjoy your new Q,

I picked it up today and it is in great shape.

Flavorizer bars are a bit rusted but not real bad.

I will post pics after I clean it up.

Weber confirmed it is a Silver B.

It even came with a cover that is in decent shape.

I got home and went to look for my propane botlle and totally forgot I dont have one anymore because I dont own a gas grill!!
icon_eek.gif

yeah.. an early Gen. Nice thing about that thermometer is you can pull it out and stick it in your meat.

Back