Ideas for the leftover point?

JeffM

Made 2 briskets over the weekend on the WSM, they turned out awesome, guests went back for thirds (!). Now I'm looking for something creative to make with the leftover points. Last time I made chili, that turned out pretty good. Any other ideas?

J.

Try some burnt ends. Cut it into chunks and put it in a foil pan with some BBQ sauce and put it on the smoker for a couple of hours.

I like the Southwest / Mexican ideas. Personally, I would get some corn tortillas, chop up that brisket meat and heat it up in a sauté pan with some garlic and a little hot sauce... Taco time with a little onion and cilantro... Or any of your favorite toppings.

Enjoy. I wish I had a bunch of extra brisket.

EDIT: I had to add a couple ideas... One of my favorite leftover snacks is nachos. Pizza would also be amazing. I wonder how a brisket reuben sandwich would taste. Probably good if I had to guess.

Definitely the taquitos as Kevin suggested. And as you've figured out, any kind of Mexican dish with beef. I've also used points to make sandiches. I chunked them small, then made faux-panini's with onion, lettuce, tomato and spicy ranch dressing using my daughter's George Foreman grill.

Pat

I used the point to make burnt ends. I chopped them up and placed into nice sized servings in freezer bags.

Two days ago I cut up an onion and a bell pepper to make home-made breakfast burritos, but I realized I didn't have any sausage. Burnt Ends to the rescue. I put them in cold from fridge with onion and pepper and let them cook together. With some of the fat and seasonings rubbing on on the veggies. Combined in wheat tortilla with eggs and cheese and it was the best darn burritos I've ever had. Not too fancy but darn good.

Try it on eggs for breakfast. I used some left over BBQ chuck roast on eggs cooked with some onions and jalapeno peppers. It was pretty tasty.

Chucky.jpg

Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas!

My wife does good chicken tacos, so I asked her to make them with the point meat instead. Yum.

I tried Kevin's Deconstructed Q Sauce, but I think I may have used too much meat, it was very meaty and not very saucy. Next time I try that I'll use less.

I'll definitely keep these in mind for future smokes. Thanks again you guys!

J.

Back