I want to smoke some pastrami, need help.

I have to admit it was too salty, the pepper corriander rub was perfect but I should have soaked it longer.

I have to admit it was too salty, the pepper corriander rub was perfect but I should have soaked it longer.
I had a 35% salt solution point I smoked this weekend, first timer smoking a corned-package brisket part. I did three or four quick 30 minute cool-water soaks, obviously emptying the water each time, and that seemed to take out quite a bit of the salt, as it wasn't salty at all. I wonder if multiple quick soaks may work better, or if maybe it wasn't that salty to begin with? Point vs. Flat? Interesting.

I had a 35% salt solution point I smoked this weekend, first timer smoking a corned-package brisket part. I did three or four quick 30 minute cool-water soaks, obviously emptying the water each time, and that seemed to take out quite a bit of the salt, as it wasn't salty at all. I wonder if multiple quick soaks may work better, or if maybe it wasn't that salty to begin with? Point vs. Flat? Interesting.
Yeah I’m not sure, I picked up a lean flat from my butcher and I don’t really know what he did to it.
Well tonight I have a corned beef going the old fashioned way (boiled) and I’m really looking forward to it.

Back