i still get ticked off

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
i know i repeat myself ad nauseam on this subject but everytime i use my q220 this stares me in the face and it really really ticks me off.
the paint on the lower body bubbled off. its out of warranty. not sure what to do, paint might not be good enough.
i bought this new and took super good care of it plus i really didn't use it much but this still happened.
what would you do ? besides get over it cuz i'm not gonna do that.
thanks ,

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/mbshop-wheels/IMG_0492.jpg
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/mbshop-wheels/IMG_0488.jpg
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/mbshop-wheels/IMG_0490.jpg

I feel your pain...it's a bummer when things like this happen. If it really bothered me, and I mean REALLY bothered me, if it reminded me of how bad I feel every time I look at it, I would sell it and buy another. Otherwise, I would consider sanding and spraying with low sheen high-temp grill paint, if there is such a thing as low sheen grill paint.

That's no good George, however it still performs I take it........

Well it won't rust which is not the same that could be said for over 90% of Gassers down under....

I have issues trying to get the grease stains off the top of the creamy colored lid......It's got me wonderin' how on earth they got there in the first place:confused:

I'd Take Chris's advice and repaint it......and drive it till it drops:cool:

Cheers

Davo

yes, evidently some grease ran down the front and i guess got overheated and "cooked" and bubbled up the paint ? like i said i kept that darn thing clean.
when i cleaned it off the paint came off with it. you will see another spot that the paint came off and there was no grease involved, it just chipped off.
and no, it won't rust cuz it's aluminum but it is corroding. i try to put a little pam on it it to delay the damage but i'm afraid it will just worsen the problem.
no, it ticks me off but not to the point of selling it cuz i kind of assume it will just happen again. that area can be a hot spot being level with the burner
so not sure a 1500 deg paint will work anyhoo. just seems weber really didn't put much thought into the paint or did not do enough testing. or just didn't care.
i will give them props for replacing the lid for me though.

I bought some Rustoleum High Heat Flat Black spray paint for my New Braunfels smoker (when I had it). It's only rated to 1200 degrees, but I used the smoker several times after painting and the paint held up well, even on the side fire box. You might want to give it a try George....

yea, if i paint it i will have to completely strip off the old stuff. the high temp paint also needs to be tempered so will have to do that in the oven and i know the wife won't be happy with that. so looks like i will do that in the winter, if i remember !

i don't think lighting up the grill will do it. i just got to many projects going on right now so it will have to wait.
i'm in a wheelchair so everything i do takes a lot more time than you would think.

yea, i keep it covered cuz i pass by it a lot and can't stand to look at the damage. once you know something is bad or damaged, thats where yer eyes automatically go.

Back