I picked up a few Webers recently...

Steve V.

Let me start this by saying that around 1985 I had a Weber smoker and a Weber 22.5" charcoal grill. I bought both new. A year or so later my neighbor bought a big offset smoker pit and one day I decided I had to have one. Well, I bought one and sold my Webers. Bad mistake. I still have the offset pit and with the exception of needing paint it's in great shape. Fast forward to me finding this forum and surfing around.

I decided that after seeing the restorations of the gas grills that I had to have one (or 2, or 3). I started my hunt on CL. I ended up getting three. One for me and one for each of my kids. According to previous owner the redhead is in working condition. I haven't looked at the grills that close but all of the cooking grates look ok and they all look very restorable. The flavorizers I'm not sure of but will start the process of cleaning/restoration tomorrow. First up is the redhead. There is a small scuff on the left front in the picture that I will fix. I paid $75.00 for this grill. The serial number is ER 410052.

Grills002.jpg

Next up is a grill that I got for $20.00 with a Weber cover. The serial number is EI 95391.

Grills001.jpg

The last grill I got for free with two tanks that have the correct valve on them (1 full and one about half full), the quick release adapter to fill the tanks, and a cover. The serial number on this grill is EO 24234.

Grills003.jpg

All of the parts are there for the grills. Some of the parts are in the garage. Can someone tell me what models these grills are and the years they were made?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,
Welcome to TVWBB. I'm sure the earlier responders would have said the same had they not plunged ahead to find the information you sought.

I believe that those are a little older than the pair that I have recently acquired:

P1010273-PP.JPG

Otherwise they are very similar in design. Mine are '00 (Silver A on the left) and '01 (Silver B on the right.) If they follow the Weber Smokey Mountain date codes then the first is a '96, the second a '97 and the third a '95. These clean up well and cook as good as the day they came out of the factory. I hope you find them a nice complement to your smoker.

i bought a used weber on cl. it looks like the silver b in hank b's pic. where would i find the serial number? thanks

Pull your knobs off of the right hand side. Take a phillips screwdriver and remove the two screws in the tool holder plastic thing (they face the right side of the grill, one in the front, one in the back) This will let you lift the side metal black table straight up. You'll see that on one of the sides there's some Weber info, including the serial number........unless it was washed off. The ink is for some reason extremely fragile.

Good luck with your grill.

Back