I need help! Weber Genesis SPX-435 Smart BBQ

Ryan Newcomer

I recently won my Weber Genesis SPX-435 NG 2022 Grill on Auction for $700! Right! Its valued at $2,100 retail.
I was in the process of coverting it to LP. I was able to get the right regulator and orifices. My problem is that when I first fired it up everything went well and was burning as it should except for I couldn't control the heat levels on the valves. So my question is do I need to replace the manifold or the control valves? I have looked all over the web to find a replacement but can not find anything. Can anyone help me where I can find replacements or what to do next. Thank you for your advise. Chef Ryan!

I recently won my Weber Genesis SPX-435 NG 2022 Grill on Auction for $700! Right! Its valued at $2,100 retail.
I was in the process of coverting it to LP. I was able to get the right regulator and orifices. My problem is that when I first fired it up everything went well and was burning as it should except for I couldn't control the heat levels on the valves. So my question is do I need to replace the manifold or the control valves? I have looked all over the web to find a replacement but can not find anything. Can anyone help me where I can find replacements or what to do next. Thank you for your advise. Chef Ryan!
The best way is to sell the grill and get an LP version. Second best way is a new manifold. Unfortunately the valves are usually not the same between versions so high will be fine but you will not get low temps.

Thank you all for the input. I do know the manifold #. I just can’t find it online any where. Is there any online business that sell it?

Did you see this? It says it's a special order item, but at least they offer it for sale. I would probably call Weber too although I wouldn't count on their help for this.Screenshot_20231016-053912.png

In 90% or more of the time you CANNOT convert a Weber grill from one fuel to another by simple orifice changes. Anyone who tells you so is lying through their teeth. Not sure why but weber goes out of their way to make sure it's as difficult as possible unlless you either A, buy a new grill or B, buy a new manifold assembly of the correct type.

THANK YOU STEVE! Great find! I saw this website but totally under looked it! I apreciate your time and effort helping me. I will send an update when I complete it! Chef Ryan!
hello Ryan,
I have a similar conversion issue and am wondering if you or anyone else has done the manifold replacement on your SPX435 natural gas to Liquid Propane .
if so was it difficult ?
Anything I should look out for when I do it ?
are you satisfied with the result ?
Any other recommendations?
Please advise Many thanks in advance Rick

hello Ryan,
I have a similar conversion issue and am wondering if you or anyone else has done the manifold replacement on your SPX435 natural gas to Liquid Propane .
if so was it difficult ?
Anything I should look out for when I do it ?
are you satisfied with the result ?
Any other recommendations?
Please advise Many thanks in advance Rick
Doing a manifold swap (that's if you can find one), is extremely simple with simple hand tools. Simply remove one and replace with another. A HUGE word of caution though. Modern Weber grills between a NG model and an LP model are "built" differently. There are heat shields in one not present on the other (due to the tank placement). So caution is advised strongly. Perhaps there are a couple folks here who can point you to those. But, Weber makes these things hard to do (in terms of build differences between models) and I guess it's by their design. Unlike other companies who actually can and will sell you a full "kit" and instructions to go from one to the other

I see Ryan Newcomer has had plenty of time to convert his Natural gas grill to LP.
I wonder how things went for him 🤔

Doing a manifold swap (that's if you can find one), is extremely simple with simple hand tools. Simply remove one and replace with another. A HUGE word of caution though. Modern Weber grills between a NG model and an LP model are "built" differently. There are heat shields in one not present on the other (due to the tank placement). So caution is advised strongly. Perhaps there are a couple folks here who can point you to those. But, Weber makes these things hard to do (in terms of build differences between models) and I guess it's by their design. Unlike other companies who actually can and will sell you a full "kit" and instructions to go from one to the other
I have found a OEM manifold for Propane for the SPX435 conversion ( as referenced above in this thread ) and it is available. My concern is exactly the reason you mentioned that They may be built differently, and if there is anything SPECIFIC that I need to be aware of besides just changing the manifold.

If you have a manifold that is designed for your grill, it should be a direct swap. Only other consideration is that your grill is set up for NG and likely needs the hardware for hanging/storing a propane tank. You will need to replace the NG line with a hose and regulator for LP as well.

If you have a manifold that is designed for your grill, it should be a direct swap. Only other consideration is that your grill is set up for NG and likely needs the hardware for hanging/storing a propane tank. You will need to replace the NG line with a hose and regulator for LP as well.
Thank you . I do have a Propane hose and regulator I bought with a Valve only conversion kit before I found this Forum/thread. The tank hanging/storage shelf is something I hadn't thought of or the tank scale .

IIRC someone mentioned the LP versions have different heat shielding that if not used could make the LP tank dangerously hot. I'm not sure of this, for a couple reasons. One (the biggest) I have no idea where the LP tanks mounts on that grill, 2, IDK if there are alternate mounts that would vacate the need for shielding

This is a picture of your SPX where the tank sits.
I would just set the 20 pounder is the hole and call it good, no need for a tank holder.
Unless the natural gas version does not have the hole 🤔
1000007040.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the NG ones have the hole. Just like on the old version they did not have the tank hangar, and I seem to recall someone mentioning there was heat shielding between the grill and the tank

I think your Correct about the tank Hole. In researching & looking at a number of online videos and using the BILT app that Weber uses to show how to construct a NEW unit , The images show the LP version has a hole cut out and Special hardware and wiring for the Tank scale. Otherwise when comparing the two sets of images ( in the BILT assembly video ) there does not seem to be a piece specific as a heat Sheild to assemble, unless it is already built into those LP units . I appreciate Everyones Input and advice . I have since found that I can cancel my order for the NG unit at no charge , and order an LP unit with Shipping at the same price as The NG and a New replacement manifold and tank scale as add-on's . In the meantime you guys have been awesome in your support and information . very Grateful. , Rick

Back