I like big Butt's *PIC's*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
How about "Laddy's Q"?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has a nice ring...

There's only one problem ....There's no smokin allowed in resturants in Ireland.....
icon_frown.gif

Ah Yeah, Just joking with you but I've been thinking that we have every other type of resturant here and I'd say a steak house is the nearest thing to a BBQ resturant. It would be an interesting venture for somebody interested....

I asked originally because I'm really quite interested. I'd like to explore it further. I'm hopeful I can get much of the preliminary info on line.

How will you assess potential demand for Q. Most people here in the UK don't get it. Smoking means cold smoking salmon or cheese and BBQ means (badly) grilled sausages / burgers etc.
Ask yourself why Bren's is the only WSM in Ireland....

..... or perhaps you're onto something and the Celtic Tiger will rise again?

Had forgotten about the smoking ban - your sig makes sense now!

Congrats on the cook, glad to see the next generation's obvious enthusiasm!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Kruger:
Morgan--
Retired your WSM? Retired your _WSM_?
But it will get so lonely if it has to wait all the way to 5 Nov... Get a butt on there boy
icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a strategy ... take away something and they'll miss it. I *was* a bit obsessed.
I've got something planned for the first week on Nov. Ribs Ribs Ribs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's a strategy ... take away something and they'll miss it. I *was* a bit obsessed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> My wife kept complaining about my obsession - funny how many times SHE has suggested ribs since I stopped suggesting trying everything on the WSM
icon_smile.gif

My wife is the same way. Sometimes all I hear is "you and that smoker' this and that....BUT, as soon as she wants to have some people over for dinner, guess what she requests....can you smoke some butts, can you smoke some brisket, can you do some ribs, can you cure cancer....bla bla bla. I just laugh and say no problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James M-B:
How will you assess potential demand for Q.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get where you're coming from (I remember well meals--could you call them that?--in London in the 60s. This is food? But I don't need to, actually.
"Barbecue", i.e. grilled, spit-roasted, and yes, smoked, food is fairly international. It's a matter of approach. Often one must teach (if you will) one's potential customers a bit and help them expand their expectations of themselves (please forgive the existentialism) prior to opening. I'm not sure how else I would describe it. Kind of 'creating a buzz' writ large. It's surprisingly not too difficult; I've been successful with it before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morgan:
It's a strategy ... take away something and they'll miss it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, Morgan's got a plan...

icon_smile.gif

How about The Pig and Cow. A pub/BBQ joint combo.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
How about "Laddy's Q"?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOWLY cow.....WSM Q'ing cures cancer...now that'd be front page news LOL
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

I agree Joe...my wifes the same way...and god forbid you ask her to pic up the meat at the butcher...(YES she let him sell her a Brisket Flat last weekend instead of the packers cut I asked for
icon_mad.gif
) or honey could you get the meat out and put the rub on it so I can fire up the WSM when I get off work tonight at 10pm. LOL......then if I go more than a week without smoking something she starts nagging.....can we have ribs tonight...
icon_wink.gif
Depends what do I get LOL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Watson:
My wife is the same way. Sometimes all I hear is "you and that smoker' this and that....BUT, as soon as she wants to have some people over for dinner, guess what she requests....can you smoke some butts, can you smoke some brisket, can you do some ribs, can you cure cancer....bla bla bla. I just laugh and say no problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back