I like big Butt's *PIC's*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it up to 180 now and it's been moped twice, the mop seems to knock the tempreture back a few degrees everytime but I'll do one more mop anyway, the ribs should be there soon though and there's more photos added to the album, next pic's should be the final product....18 hours in now.....
icon_razz.gif

Nearly there 191F and 19 hours gone, should be finished in the next hour, the rib's just keep getting better every time....Delicious....
icon_razz.gif

Here it is the finished Photos.... are in and it turned out real good, the salted picnic was a diferent colour to the butt and the flavour was not bad, as fot the butt it was superb...tender is putting it mildly and I can confidenty say I never tasted anything as good as this, a whole new culinary experience thanks to you all....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

It was top class BBQ, and we have enough left over for the next few days, even my 2 year old son got stuck in...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
Irish -> English translation:
"Get stuck in": Get involved in, apply oneself.
icon_cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!.......Is there anything you DON'T know Doug?!?!?!??!

Big Al

Bren:

Great pics...left message there...so glad that this was a successful endeavor. But...

How did you get interested in BBQ? Surely not just wading the web and a wild hair.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bren H:
..I can confidenty say I never tasted anything as good as this, a whole new culinary experience ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> looks like good BBQ, way to go Bren! I can really relate to your comment. My first BBQ experience was from a restaurant not quite 2 years ago and it was a revelation.

I will confidently say that what I now produce on my WSM is far better than BBQ I have had from 4 restaurants. All thanks to TVWB and contributors!

Keith, It all started with grilling and I went through 4 grill's before I came accross my first Weber and the reason I found the Weber kettle was because I knew from the other one's that I had (all being charcoal of course) that tempreture control was very important. The very first grill I had was great at controling tempretures but rusted up after just one year in the Irish weather, it was just like the original Portable Kitchen if you remember them..The other 3 were great quality but burned everything, red hot the whole time and the charcoal would be gone in no time..So after this I knew what I wanted but I just had to find it and I did, a Weber 22 1/2" one Touch Gold. Then when looking in Amazon for some recipe books I found The BBQ Bible and became a big fan of indirect cooking, this let me cook without standing over the grill the whole time and still gave great results especially when hickory was added, so thinking on the lines of indirect and smoke I discovered the WSM, so the only thing between me and real good Q was how to get my hands on one and that's where EBAY comes in along with an 8 week wait of course....Bet your sorry you asked now!!!
icon_wink.gif

Bren--
Since Dublin has become so cool and happening and trendy (or so I've read, haven't been there in 30-odd years but I sure liked it then), are there any Q joints there?

Kevin, I'm afraid that there is no Q joints here that I know of, there's a business venture that would combine work and hobbie
icon_rolleyes.gif
.When I was in Florida a few years back we came across a couple of resturants doing BBQ grub, one even had the chef up front so you could see everything he was doing....Hmmmmmmm the memories..
icon_cool.gif

Bren..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back