I grabbed a great freebee in North Florida

I found this on next-door for FREE. I just restored a 3000lx as a birthday present and now I'm going to restore a 3000 1000. The burner, flavorizers, and grates are decent enough not to replace. It needs casters, wood, and paint. I can't believe I got it for FREE. The 3000lx I restored had a botched restoration that had to be undone, bad burner, bad flavorizers, missing frame sections, and all siezed bolts. I paid $100 for it and it was a 4 hour drive (2 tanks of gas) each way to get too. The bolts on this one aren't even seized, it was 15 minutes down the road, and it was FREE! It's a real oldy too, the grill on the emblem is on the left, unfortunately the serial is gone so I can't date it. Happy hunting out there, end rant/brag.

Attachments

• IMG-2008.jpg
    IMG-2008.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 58
  • free weber.png
    free weber.png
    599.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I see more X000 grills than Silver B's here. That grill is probably an early to mid 1990's. Look for the serial # sticker on the right edge of the control panel or more likely underneath of the control panel.
It is amazing how the grill can be so dilapidated looking overall but the lid is in pristine condition. Weber did it right with their ceramic coating. That grill is a great rehab candidate.

I see more X000 grills than Silver B's here. That grill is probably an early to mid 1990's. Look for the serial # sticker on the right edge of the control panel or more likely underneath of the control panel.
It is amazing how the grill can be so dilapidated looking overall but the lid is in pristine condition. Weber did it right with their ceramic coating. That grill is a great rehab candidate.
I was thinking 1990-1993. I think in 1994 they changed the logo and serial format. The serial # has degraded and is mostly illegible, but appears to be the old format without date info. And yes, I cant believe the lid is almost 30 years old and still shines! I'm taking some parts to get powder coated this weekend, including the lid frame. I haven't been able to remove the seized lid bolts without cutting them. I replaced them with stainless on my last restoration. The combination of stainless fasteners, fresh powdercoat, and polished lid will look amazing.

Back