i found chuck eyes!! ......

Becky M-M

TVWBB Pro
Now what? Lol.... seriously though I was at my local save-a-lot picking up milk and decided to.check out their meat. Well...lo and behold there sit chuck eyes! They were in the sell today area, so I got two steaks in a package for about four bux.

Never made these before. I am wanting to make them for the ol' ball and ch- .....I mean my wonderful hard-working husband tonight. Since

Since this is all I will be grilling I am thinking the smokey joe. Do they need a lot of time? Quick sear, then indirect? Ballpark time frame?

Who woulda thunk that little ole save-a-lot would have had these?! I had been looking all over.

YaY!!
Okay, leave them out of the fridge for an hour before grillin'...
then i use a little EVOO on them and a little salt & pepper (or Penzey's Chicago Steak if you have it)...
you can even splash 'em with Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce before the seasonings...
then fire up your favourite Weber and grill direct high heat and flip every 2 minutes or so until you like them done...
I eet 'em rare to medium rare...
tender, juicy, and simply delicious!

You're gonna l?v'em! & so will your wonderful hard-working husband!!

Thanks Mr. Lampe!

i just didnt know if they needed long time cooking to get tender. the word chuck in their description is a bit misleading. i am going to go with the smokey joe and hope all comes out well.

well, lettuce know after dinner if you'll buy them again<span class="ev_code_GREY"> I'm sure you will!</span>
icon_biggrin.gif

Chuck eye's are kind of like the workin guy's secret ribeye, don't you think? I buy em when I can find em.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chuck eye's are kind of like the workin guy's secret ribeye </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob, that's PERFECT!!
smiley-happy088.gif

Back