I cant find a "practice turkey" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
Wanted to rehearse for turkey day.I cannot believe how much trouble I am having finding a bird. Wanted a "unmolested" (no flavoring) bird to brine. Ain't one to be had in Huntsville, Alabama....from SAMS to STAR MARKET, checked'em all !!!!!

Can't help you with the practice turkey, but I saw your other post about spelling "practice" wrong, and I can help you with that.

Just click the "pencil & paper" icon above your post, and you can edit any errors.

Regards,
Chris

Jim, I had the same turkey problem the last weekend of September for our big campout/cookout. Not a decent bird to be found... I was shocked when Sam's had none! I wound up having a friend that owns a BBQ restaurant order a case of four for us.

What's with the missing birds this time of year, I wonder?

BTW, did you find your private message from me? I think you may have intended for a brisket question to be posted in the general message area, but it wound up as a private message to me. I responded in like manner.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

WOW, I never seem to have a problem finding birds. All the grocery stores around here have them year round. Although I do believe that there all enhanced. As well as all the pork around here. But oh well. Does'nt bother me any. I still brine them with excellent results. And I've done many of them. People are always asking when I'll be making my next turkey cause they want some.

But I do whole breasts cause we don't care much for dark meat. But I see whole turkeys in the store all the time around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back