I ❤️ Salmon!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
We got some hefty, fresh, wild salmon filets delivered today. I thought they were so beautiful that I completely forgot to take a picture! Oops.

I seasoned them well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger powder. Fired up the Skyline on high heat, and dropped the fish on skin side up for about six minutes (turned the heat down to medium-high.) Flipped after six minutes, set the grill up for 450F, and went another 8-10 minutes. When the fish came off the grill, I drizzled an asian inspired sauce over it (hoisin, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, white wine), and dashed a few sesame seeds on for good measure....

1630809116852.jpeg

Incredible fish! I just love a good, grilled salmon dish, and these did not disappoint! The right amount of fat, especially on the belly end of the filet, flaky, tender, delicious! Yummy!

R

Hi Rich, fellow Salmon lover here. Would you mind explaining why you grilled skin up first vs skin down?

Hi Rich, fellow Salmon lover here. Would you mind explaining why you grilled skin up first vs skin down?
Hello, Joan! :) I like to get a good, hot sear on the flesh side then finish at a slightly lower temp skin side down. Usually, the total time on the second side is 50-100% more than the first side, and I (possibly foolishly) think the skin provides a small amount of protection to the fish, AND (more importantly), I like crispy salmon skin.......which I get this way. :)

Looks great but, 22 minutes sounds like overcooked salmon. I usually cook to an internal temp of 122, about half that time. Maybe yours was much thicker or something. Where did it get delivered from?

Looks great but, 22 minutes sounds like overcooked salmon. I usually cook to an internal temp of 122, about half that time. Maybe yours was much thicker or something. Where did it get delivered from?
Very thick filets, not overcooked at all......still had that med-rare center I like. :) .....and, it was only 14-16 minutes (six on side one, 8-10 on side two with the heat quit a bit lower.)

Friend of ours connected us with an outfit over in Half Moon Bay that lets us know on Tuesday what they've got that fresh/local, as well as some non-local, we tell them what we want, and they drop it off on Saturday morning.

Very thick filets, not overcooked at all......still had that med-rare center I like. :) .....and, it was only 14-16 minutes (six on side one, 8-10 on side two with the heat quit a bit lower.)

Friend of ours connected us with an outfit over in Half Moon Bay that lets us know on Tuesday what they've got that fresh/local, as well as some non-local, we tell them what we want, and they drop it off on Saturday morning.
Sorry, when I read it, I thought it was 6 + 6 + 8-10. Now it sounds right. Thanks for clarifying.

Back