I’m trying to ID an old Weber accessory.

Greetings,

Any help on getting info on this long discontinued accessory would be appreciated. I have been running Weber kettles for close to 30 years. I bought this Weber grill over 20 years ago. As you can see in the pictures that it’s hanging on by a thread. I still have a brand new Weber porcelain/cast iron grate. I’m just waiting for my friend to replicate the support grill for the grate.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 310EBDF6-4F08-44F0-A7CD-26D7EB89B982.jpeg
    310EBDF6-4F08-44F0-A7CD-26D7EB89B982.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 5817485E-83E2-48DF-AD6D-D63FCD561E7C.jpeg
    5817485E-83E2-48DF-AD6D-D63FCD561E7C.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 41
Hopefully someone here can help you with this. Do you have a pic of the kettle? Everyone likes pics.

I was just a Lowes and they had the cast iron Spirit 200 series grates for under $15 for the pair…on clearance. It got me to thinking, couldn’t you just put one of those on top of the regular grate, for instance in a 22” kettle?

Hi Jason,

Actually I have been laying that grate on top of the kettle grate for the last couple of years. I wanted to preserve what was left of the support grill. Currently I don’t have any old kettles. The oldest one (circa 2005) I had was given to my bro n law when I bought my Weber Master Touch in 2019. Years ago I used to work in the regional parks system. While pulling trash you would occasionally come across kettles that were left because a part had broken. I would eventually get enough parts to put one together. I’d buy new charcoal/grill grates and be in business…none of them were vintage. I would leave em
at families homes so there would be something to cook on during visits. In 2018 I bought a 26”, 2019 the Master Touch and last year the Summit Kamado…that one is a game changer for sure. I did have a yellow kettle with the metal handles…wish I still had that one. Oh, I have a 18 that the wife has plants on. Hahaha.

Attachments

• 2BB77228-9610-43A1-9F2D-5720D8AA3FDC.jpeg
    2BB77228-9610-43A1-9F2D-5720D8AA3FDC.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 6
That accessory looks familiar, but I'm not sure it was a Weber accessory. I've looked back in our collection of Weber product catalogs and don't see this guy. Weber GBS came out around 2011 and it's a round CI sear grate in a round frame, not a rectangular grate. Perhaps it was a third party accessory. I'm sure you've searched Google...I did and don't find anything like it in search results.

Today, someone would just lay a GrillGrate over the top of the stock grate and sear away.

Greetings,

Any help on getting info on this long discontinued accessory would be appreciated. I have been running Weber kettles for close to 30 years. I bought this Weber grill over 20 years ago. As you can see in the pictures that it’s hanging on by a thread. I still have a brand new Weber porcelain/cast iron grate. I’m just waiting for my friend to replicate the support grill for the grate.

Thanks,
Why not just lay that cast iron grate over a new regular stainless one? Don't see how it would change the functionality.

Back