Howdy!

Jason Kuczynski

Good afternoon, fellow smokers!

My name is Jason and I'm from the western suburbs of Detroit. My wife got me a WSM (14.5) about 5 years ago for Christmas, and I got a 22 the year before last. I've cooked a bit on both and am definitely still in the learning process, but have still made some tasty meals! Now that our kids have mostly moved out (one to the workforce and the other to college) I figure the 14.5 will be getting the majority of the workouts.

This afternoon's project is a hybrid of a CKR recipe for chicken legs I'm going to do on the 14.5. I used his brine recipe, but will finish with Stubbs Dr. Pepper Sauce instead of the plum sauce he used, mostly because 'the boss' asked for it to be done that way. I'll let y'all know in a few hours how it worked out. I've done the WSM cookbook Chicken Lollipops several times, they are always a hit, but didn't want to invest that much into prep time. ;) I figure the cook time/style should be very similar.

Thanks for letting me tag along, I hope to learn, and hopefully share with, much from the board. In cruising the older posts, I've already picked up on some pointers and even saw similar mistakes I've made and how to rectify them.

v/r,
jason

Hi Jason, WELCOME!!!!

"In cruising the older posts, I've already picked up on some pointers and even saw similar mistakes I've made and how to rectify them."

Hope you also saw some of the recipes that I posted that you would like to try 🥰

Thank you everyone!

For those curious, the chicken came out great! I did have to finish them on the gas grill though, as the fire stalled after about an hour and a half. I realized as I was trying to restoke it that I never filled the ring with unburned coals before dumping the chimney in... so much for trying to multitask. ;)

At least it was a dumb mistake I know I won't make again.

v/r,
jason

Back