Howdy from NorCal

Bill Marshall

TVWBB Member
Hi all. Came across the site because I'm looking to replace my 14 y.o. Silver B. It's been the best grill I've ever used but it's getting a little long in the tooth. I've replaced the flavorizer bars several times and the grates once. I probably could clean her up and get another summer out of her but the boss (DW) wants me to do more of the cooking on a grill this year so she said we need a new one. I'm looking at getting a Genesis EP 330. Not sure of the side burner but again, the boss said it would come in handy.

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips and tricks. I tried pizza on the grill several years ago with mediocre results. But after reading up on pizza on the grill, I'm ready to tackle it again.

Welcome aboard Bill. As for your Silver B, That is still a great grill. I just finished rehabbing a 96 Genesis 1000 and it works great. A lot of us have done this and get many more years out of these beauties. Nothing wrong with the 330 but why get rid of something you already know and like. Take a look at the following thread and see what can be done. Glad you are here.

Follow This Link

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Figures, just when I start thinking about grilling and getting a new weapon, we get our first significant rain in months. Even some funnel clouds and TORNADO warnings. In Northern California... Weird.

Bob, I did think about rehabbing my 'ol Green. I'm sure with a good cleaning and a few new parts it'll go strong for another 10 years. But I need to "strike while the iron's hot" with the boss and I'd really like to get a new Weber with the updated burner layout. I'll probably put 'ol Green on CL and see if there's anybody around here who rehabs old grills.

Back