How to replace a regulator on A weber Genesis silver C?

Drew

TVWBB Member
So I went to make breakfast on my Genesis silver this morning and it wouldn’t light tried all the tricks nothing. Looked at the regulator knob it’s cracked so I ordered a new one from Amazon but how do you detach and replace it? I have the gas disconnected but not sure how to get the regulator off properly.

Attachments

• 1DEFA3A9-EF50-4A9C-BBC1-B0DAF76C1520.jpeg
    1DEFA3A9-EF50-4A9C-BBC1-B0DAF76C1520.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 399DC320-A60F-4FF6-926B-DA26584C6ABA.jpeg
    399DC320-A60F-4FF6-926B-DA26584C6ABA.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 20
Wait until you get the new part from Amazon and hold it up to the old part. How it fits together should be pretty obvious after you see that. Easy job.

If you ordered the correct part, it’s a simple matter of a pair of wrenches. Use a 5/8” wrench as a backup to prevent the upper fitting that goes into the manifold from moving while removing the lower fitting with a 3/4” wrench. Reverse this procedure to reinstall the new one. It is a flare fitting...do not use teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads.

What is a regulator knob? Are you referring to the ACME nut? If so you can simply replace it and the fitting that screws onto the LP tank. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQT5H2/?tag=tvwb-20 they're actually quite easy to replace. IIRC only need a deep well socket (5/8" or 9/16") been awhile since I did one. But once you see the new one you see it's pretty straightforward. Put a little pipe dope (for gas) on the threads and install into the regulator. There is not much in a regulator to go bad. A spring and a diaphragm

What is a regulator knob? Are you referring to the ACME nut? If so you can simply replace it and the fitting that screws onto the LP tank. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQT5H2/?tag=tvwb-20 they're actually quite easy to replace. IIRC only need a deep well socket (5/8" or 9/16") been awhile since I did one. But once you see the new one you see it's pretty straightforward. Put a little pipe dope (for gas) on the threads and install into the regulator. There is not much in a regulator to go bad. A spring and a diaphragm
The knob you use to turn on and off the gas has cracked almost all the way around I was trying to figure out how to unscrew the regulator connection from the grill as it’s on pretty tight

Sorry meant the knob to allow the gas to the grill through the tube
The black plastic knob is the Acme nut Larry is referring to. It can be replaced for about $9. If you ordered a new hose + regulator it will come with a new acme nut.

The black plastic knob is the Acme nut Larry is referring to. It can be replaced for about $9. If you ordered a new hose + regulator it will come with a new acme nut.
Wasn’t sure how to find the pictured black cracked knob or take it off so ordered the whole regulator

I bought a new regulator for a fish fryer burner recently and was amazed it was hard to find what I was looking for in town. That is unless I wanted to pay nearly 50 bucks for a 0 to 10 adjustable regulator.. I could buy a whole new burner with the regulator for that..... It's against my principles but I ended up buying the Chinese off of Amazon for 12 bucks

Drew: To get that knob off, you use a socket in go inside the ACME nut and you can unscrew it from the regulator on the hose.

That is fine. Buying a new hose and regulator is no big deal and it will make sure you don't have to deal with it again for quite a while.

If you're in a hurry to get the grill going again, Home Depot usually has one in stock that works on your grill.

If you're in a hurry to get the grill going again, Home Depot usually has one in stock that works on your grill.
The replacement regulator will be arriving tomorrow that’s fast enough for me lol. It’s crazy how this grill has become my new go to for cooking everything

The replacement regulator will be arriving tomorrow that’s fast enough for me lol. It’s crazy how this grill has become my new go to for cooking everything
You can pretty much cook or heat up anything on the grill.

Back