How should I cook a bunch of boneless gourmet style pork ribs

Shay

My wife bought a bunch of these Boneless Gourmet Style Pork Ribs.. not sure how 'Gourmet' they are but whatever.. since i got them might as well cook them but wasn't sure what the best way might be. I normally throw my ribs on the bullet with some rub but will that work for these?

Thanks,
Shay

Shay,

What you've got there is probably country style pork ribs. You can smoke em with a rub until tender, or you can smoke for a while and then braise in sauce until tender.

Or you could slice em thin and grill hard, flipping a lot, until tender, and then glaze.

Dave is likely correct, they're usually called country style ribs. If that's what they are, they aren't ribs at all. They're taken from the front of the shoulder, what you'd call the brisket on a cow.

Back in the day someone would tell you to boil them first, then brown on a grill. You will never get me to admit that I said that...

Someone posted a message here (don't remember which forum though, sorry) about bacon-wrapped, smoked country style ribs. That looked mighty tasty!

This is what I do:
Ingredients
• 8 ribs
• GSP seasoning
• Rub
• Apple juice
• BBQ sauce
Directions

- Get about 8 ribs
- Add GSP and rub
- Refrig over night
- Cook indirect 250 to 275 for 90 minutes
- At 150 internal temp time to put in foil
Braise for 2 hours in Apple juice and BBQ sauce. Cover pan with foil. Coat meat both sides. Meat should be tender at end, around 195 to 198 internal temp
Put meat on grill cover with BBQ sauce and grill 5 minutes each side

Last edited:
Like like to cook mine Korean style, soy, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, onion. Marinade them few hours then smoke or gill them. The marinade helps keep the ribs nice and juicy...

Back