How much clearance?

Jon MI

TVWBB Super Fan
Freezing rain and just rain all day tomorrow. I have a florida room that "hangs" off the side of the house. Underneath is open. There is about 6' clearance from the ground to the bottom of the overhang.

Is there enough room under that to safetly run the WSM? I will be cooking at 225-250º. On a side note, I have vinyl siding.

Am I just better off saying screw it and get wet?

I have a front porch that overhangs the house by about 5 foot (wide). The side of the house is vinyl and the overhead is too. The overhead is about 7'. I cook there in bad weather with no problems. With the wsm, you just have to watch how close you get it to the house (vinyl). I'd keep it as far away as possible and I think you need about 3 feet to be sure.

Your fire is about a foot off the ground, it is small and controled. It should not be a problem but take basic care and have a fire extinguisher, it is always a good idea to have one around.
Jim

Thanks guys. That was pretty much my thought. Underneath is particle board or something of the likes and the walls underneath are concreter. The vinyl doesn't really come in play until the walls on the florida room.

If anyone has any contradicting opinions let me know.

Back