how many slabs of bb's?

mike_rich

TVWBB Member
Hey guys,
anyone know how many slabs of baby backs I can fit on my 18.5" wsm? I don't have arib rack and I don;t mind cutting the slabs in half.
Thanks!

3-4 years ago, somebody said that by rolling them, using the two conventional grates, he got something like 15 in there.

If I had it to do over again, I would have gone with the 22 inch WMS. The 18 is a bit small even for a large rack of spare ribs. I bought a package of wooden skewers with very sharp ends to you could use those to curl the ribs up a bit and stick a skewer through them to hold them in place. I see no reason not to buy some rib racks if you wish. I have intended to and just have not done it yet. Might get 3 on each grill for a total of six that way, not sure. The spare ribs I buy are so big I can barely get one rack on the top (or bottom) grate and get the lid closed. They are large and meaty, and always taste real good.

Good luck.

Dave, I'd have to see it to believe anyone got 15 slabs of BB ribs in a 18 inch smoker, UNLESS, and I repeat, UNLESS, he stacked them on top of each other. LOL

How many, and what was the recipe of the "drinks" he had ? :)

I'd love to cram that much into my 18 incher WMS, but afraid it would be more than I could handle. I want a 22 already. :-(

Back