How many PartyQ's are in use?

Sheldon Koehler

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all, sorry for being AWOL all summer, very long story for another time...

I have been wanting an ATCS for several years, but can never seem to get the funds. This new PartyQ is within budget and wanted to know how many of you have them and do you like it?

I got one a few months ago, has worked very well for me so far. Have not used any of the other ATC's out there, so I cannot judge vs. competition.

I bought it the day they came out now it looks like they come with removable/replaceable probes mind is fixed. I like it as I did not want to drop hundreds on an ATC that is made up of an $8 fan and some programming but just around $100 is ok.

Hi all, the PQ, works great on my wsm 22.5 smoker. I see some have a hard time with battery life, though I have not had a problem at all. First I start my coals minion and 10 in the chiminey, pour the lit in the center and assemble. get your food on and watch the temps rise before you turn on partyq. Some tape off the other vents I dont because you still need air to help out the ATC. I think you dont need a atc to start your coals or cook, however at the end when fuel is getting low thats when you need it to puff puff. Catch your temps on the way up If you want 225 then shut down bottom vents at 195 or so. Once you get the hang of it you will put out some great Q.

The PartyQ works great. Nothing fancy, it just controls the temp, so it's easy to use. I've had two since Sept and would highly recommend.

Interesting... I was just going to ask if there was anyone who has this and what they think.

Great timing. I have never really been in favor of an ATCS as I find it takes a lot of challenge out of being able to control your pit temp on your own. However, with a 4 year old who wakes up early and a 4 month old, having something keep an eye on my cook for the night is not a bad idea...

CM

Back