How many Heatermeter/Raspi built so far

Built a v4.1.4 in July and did my first cook this weekend. REALLY like being able to control the pit with my phone and the HM in AP mode.

Built my 4.2.4 last week, second test run today using my WSM 22.5" and the snake/fuse method to keep it near 225F. Really impressive to watch the HM running the blower like a boss to reach the temp after opening the lid!

Pic

Last edited:
I guess I should post my HMs on here lol

Built a
Linkmeter-ver2 Linksys router and wire board(no premade circuit PCB, except for my homebrewed pcb)
HM ver3
HMver4
HMver4.1
HMver4.2.4

Multiples of each

Just built my 4.2.4 and stole a part or two from the 4.0... RIP . Can't wait to get the UDS fired up with this and dialed in.

Have not soldered SMD in forever.. looks like crap to me, but, metered out as it should! Rest of the soldering job... man I'd like to go back in time when I was younger and my hands didn't shake so much! Prob not the cleanest soldering job ever.. but everything is in nice and secure. I don't like to blob on a ton of solder on everything, if I can avoid it..

hm42-003.jpg

hm42-001.jpg

hm42-004.jpg

hm42-005.jpg

Just built my 4.2.4 and stole a part or two from the 4.0... RIP . Can't wait to get the UDS fired up with this and dialed in.

Have not soldered SMD in forever.. looks like crap to me, but, metered out as it should! Rest of the soldering job... man I'd like to go back in time when I was younger and my hands didn't shake so much! Prob not the cleanest soldering job ever.. but everything is in nice and secure. I don't like to blob on a ton of solder on everything, if I can avoid it..

hm42-003.jpg

hm42-001.jpg

hm42-004.jpg

hm42-005.jpg

Your smd soldering job looks good to me. Good job

Well thank you. Luckily you can't see in person under a magnifying glass to be as critical as me.. but hey, for not doing SMD in forever, everything functional, I'll take it... like riding a bike.

I am mostly finished with my 4.0. I've had the parts for a while but just got around to doing it.

It's all soldered up and I can log into the web interface, but I still need a case, blower setup for a BGE, and for some reason my buzzer isn't working.

I just finished my first one this past weekend. Hopefully will test it during the week, otherwise it will be tested on the weekend.

Dave

All my parts arrived yesterday for the 4.2.4 build. A full evening and morning of soldering and it lives! Thanks Bryan for the great project and Tom for the gnarly case!

Back