How Many Do You Run...With StokerLog

frank sledjeski

TVWBB Member
So....I have used stokerlog for cooks on a single pitprobe with two temp probes. Last year I tried to hook 3 pitprobes, 3 fans and 3 temp probes...it got ugly :) Anyone else try 3 grills? Do you use stokerlog for all 3 or do you open 3 stokerlogs...can you open 3 stokerlogs!

Frank

I have only used Stokerlog for a few backyard cooks, never in competition, and the few times I've tried running it with more than one cooker were not very good experiences. By that I mean that the program kept switching, on it's own, between cookers as I was giving them commands.

Now, to be fair, I am by no means an expert user of Stokerlog and the errors could have been mine. YMMV

Stokerlog only supports two pits. A new screen opens with the second pit. You have to mark the probe names with a special character to tell stoker which one goes with which. See the documentation.

At the time, I did test it fair bit but there may be bugs in there. Probably the best thing is to use the web browser for control and use stokerlog for monitoring if there are issues.

I am happy to fix things if there are specific issues although having access to two blowers has always been difficult (hate pulling my main unit and using it inside with the smoky smell and such).

Back