How far will you go?

Right at 3 days and 3,000 miles round trip, driving 36 hours straight before resting (she literally slept the ENTIRE way...), this past august to get my Sequoia. From Wyoming to Indianapolis.

During, I was telling my woman to never let me do something so dumb again. After, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you get more than you bargain for on a trip. I once drove 2.5hrs from Saratoga, NY to Newtown, CT to pick up a Broilmaster grill only to find that the same guy had 4 or 5 Webers as well when I got there. I wound up buying 3 of them along with the Broilmaster for a grand total of $175 but could only fit 2 grills in the truck. I had to go all the way back to Newtown the following weekend for the other two grills.

DM me if you have any desire to sell them. I have Dave’s flavor bars but was too late to the table to get a set of his grates.

The RCPLANEBUYER grates have never been used. Unfortunately, I’m a charcoal guy.
Jeff, saw this and immediately my eyes lit up and I sent you a PM. But I don't want to bid against Tom or anyone else. So set your price at what you think fair and then, if Tom wants them he came first. If he doesn't, then let me know what you want. Thanks.

FWIW, I wouldn't likely pay a whole lot more than you did. I'm not someone who would pay $200 for a set of grates.

I was actually wondering where these guys get all these grills from to play with. This thread kind of answers my question.
25 miles is as far as I've travelled, and I picked up eight last summer / fall. Some free, some very good deals. Space is my limitation right now, and time and wondering what the heck I'm going to do with all of these.

Distance traveling to pick up grills is largely influenced by where you live. If you live in or around a large population area, you can find all the Webers you can handle withing 20 miles or so. For me, many of the grills I pick up are in an a town 50 miles away from where I live in a rural setting.

So true. I'm in a county of 200,000. Not a lot of these grills in this area. If I drive down to Seattle, there's a lot of folks there and between here and there.

Jeff, saw this and immediately my eyes lit up and I sent you a PM. But I don't want to bid against Tom or anyone else. So set your price at what you think fair and then, if Tom wants them he came first. If he doesn't, then let me know what you want. Thanks.

FWIW, I wouldn't likely pay a whole lot more than you did. I'm not someone who would pay $200 for a set of grates.
I haven’t decided what I’m going to do about the RCPLANEBUYER grates yet. If I do sell them it will be for what I paid for them. I will let Tom and you know first.

Back