How do you serve your Boston Butt?

Hamburger buns...but they have to be really fresh!! Otherwise they crumble apart and defeat the purpose of soaking up all the goodness. Rest of the family likes to put them on some King's Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Gotta have some slaw on them if available and the last batch I made I took a liking to adding some deli cut pepperoncini slices.

Mainly I use Martin's Potato Buns but sometimes ( I can't remember the name) I use the bun with sesame seeds on them. They tend to be a bit bigger than Martin's.

If I make the effort to smoke some pulled pork or a chuckie, nothing but Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. I bought them once just to try something different, now the family won't let me use anything else. And as far as the pork, I also make a vinegar based slaw to pile on top. People are usually fifty/fifty if they are not used to putting slaw on a bbq sandwich, but since I use my own rub, bbq sauce, and slaw recipe, you really need to use the whole package to taste the true complementary textures and flavors. Dang, maybe my wife is right. I've become a barbecue snob!

Back