How do you grill on a pellet grill?

I made my first pork tenderloin last night. I used my standard salt, pepper, garlic, onion, chili, paprika rub. Put it on @215f for 30mins, then bumped it to 500f to get some char and flavor and cooked to an IT of 140-142, pulled it and let it rest for 15 or so. MAN....I'm almost embarrassed to admit it was my best tenderloin I have ever made. Either the cut was perfect, the cook was perfect, the smokefire was perfect, or a combination of all 3. it was juicy, tender, and amazing.

Last edited:
No reason to be embarrassed. You pulled off a great cook and were rewarded for your effort. As you get to know your Smokefire you'll find that when it behaves it is an amazing cooker adding taste that I've never experienced before. When everything clicks it's a joy to cook on. The downside is that sometimes it acts like a petulant child and frustrates you. I think it's worth the hassle because eventually it will perform like that every time..

as a smoker, this thing is quite fantastic. set and forget. the ribs last night were killer, pork butt next week.

I will be grilling more with it this week and keep at it. My goal is still to replace my WSM and Performer, and I am almost ready to sell the WSM.
I did it, it has replaced my gasser and charcoal, I've been grilling all winter with no problems.

Back