How do you foil a brisket?

David Stanton

TVWBB Member
A looooong piece of the wide, heavy stuff? Seam on three sides? Or some other way? I'm going to try my first high-heat brisket tomorrow. I did a search, but didn't see a good description of exactly how to foil a brisket, and I've never foiled one before.

Thanks!

Depends on how big it is…You might want to make an X or make a seam in the middle by putting two pieces of foil and over lapping them by a few inches….you are going to want to double wrap it in foil…. If it's a smaller brisket a half pan will work for easy clean up...just double it up...

I just place her in a roasting pan and fit a piece of HD foil over the top, much easier and not as messy.

Foil...you dont need no stinkin foil
icon_rolleyes.gif

How do you foil a brisket? With deceit and trickery. (pardon me). I like the pan thing like Larry

I do mine high heat. I either use the pan with foil over it or tear off a couple of, as you say, loooooong pieces of foil, take the probe out, and wrap. I don't add any liquid when foiling. I try to leave a little head room when foiling. Watch it though as juice will accumulate in the foil and will be very hot so handle with care. The meat cooks quickly in the foil. After foiling, forget temps. Test by feeling the meat, that is, insert a probe to test resistance. If little or none, you are done

Back