how do i smoke this bad boy? pic

Originally posted by AL. T:
I was not tring to be a jerk, I just thought that lobster takes short time to cook , and will soak up that smoke, you might waste what looks to me like alot of money. sorry.thats why i dont say much.always seem to stick my foot in mouth.
LOL Don't be so hard on yourself. Many of us said the same thing, just a little differently.
icon_wink.gif
Hell, I almost said something to the effect that "You can smoke anything you want ~ You may not like it, but you can smoke it."
icon_biggrin.gif
We're cool
icon_cool.gif

Bill

Man oh man, I wonder what kind of bisque you could get out of that thing. I made it for the first time the other day and I couldn't believe how much flavor could be extracted from mere shells. That thing looks really shelly and full of flavor.

btw Bill, I'm going to assume it a spiny lobster

What if you set up your WSM without any water pan, open the vents full, prop the door open and smoked it at high temp with just a touch of wood? Thats how I would attempt it for the first time. Run the WSM with the lid off until you throw the beast on, but leave the lid cracked open once on. Kind of in between grillin' and smokin'

If that doesn't appeal to you then my second guess would be setup your WSM as usual (but slightly higher temp) and smoke for 10 minutes, then slap it on the kettle and close the lid.

Back