How did YOU find this site? *****

Correction: now we have 3 more Webers, and I've learned to use them all right here.

Originally posted by Jon Des.:
I was trying to learn how to cook on my then-girlfriend's Smokey Joe at her college apartment. Now we're married, have 2 more Webers, and I've tried making just about everything on this website. Well, except a fatty and brisket.

I guess you might say it was an accident how I found this site. I was reading some reviews online (I don't even remember which site it was now) of some different smokers and was reading one about the WSM. Someone who owned one said they had found TVWB very helpful and highly recommended it for WSM owners. So I started checking out this site and have never left.

I must have chanced on it shortly after buying my WSM. I seem to remember a first smoke using the Weber manual's instructions -- loading ashed-over briquettes every 45 minutes... What was I thinking?
icon_wink.gif
Then I discovered something called the minion method...

I had a Heineken Keg A Que (charcoal) that I made sausage, steak, ribs on, upgraded to a OTS Kettle, was trying to figure out how to cook brisket. Felt like I was getting robbed at BBQ comps paying $7/sandwich. Saw website on amazon.com review, lurked for a while, bought my WSM and smoked a turkey because of this site.

I saw a few people mention this site over at the Smoke Ring forums. Had been thinking about buying a smoker for a year or two now, and came here to learn a thing or ten before buying a WSM.

I have Konrad Haskins @ BBQ Institute to thank for turning me on to this site back in 2004 or so. I took his class a couple times with friends and life has not been the same since.

Thanks to Chris A. (and Konrad) for all the help!

A discussion of BBQ came up a couple years ago on a college hockey website I frequent . One of the posters linked to this site and I've been a frequent lurker/infrequent poster ever since.

I was reading a product review on Amazon.com and the author mentioned this site. Then I didn't own a Weber, but now I own six with the seventh one to come this spring.

I was referred to this site by another competition team. Since then, there hasn't been a night (when I had an internet connection) that I haven't check it out! I love looking at all the new ideas and my wife always rolls her eyes!

I've had my kettle since 1985 and just wasn't happy about cooking ribs on it. I dinked around on the net, found this site, and bought my first WSM.

This is a nice thread that I found... This was way before my time.... I found this site because I found an old weber in CL that I wanted to fix and I did some searches and found this site. I never had a weber and my old gasser would get promoted to charcoal duty. Then reading the forums realized how the WSM are very efficient. I use to have a UDS. I have become a better cook thanks to this site.

I also realize it's an old thread... I found the site by searching on google for "WSM". I poked around a while before joining and posting. I've had kettles for years ...in the military it's easier to leave them then it is to clean them well enough to ship them in household goods.

It reminds me, when I left Italy in '93 the Italian neighbors who I cooked for many times wanted the kettle so I gave it to them. I was known as the crazy BBQ guy from TX when I cooked in the snow once. Here's where we lived: http://maps.google.com/maps/myplace...749044&spn=0.004991,0.010536&ctz=360&t=h&z=17 It was a great three years.

Last edited:
Stumblin bumblin rumblin :) I bought my 26 OTG back last June. I wanted to do some BBR's. My wife and I settled on a pit beef style cook. It's a popular cook around here with people set up on the side of the road in shed like buildings with their cookers behind it. We've grown up on this and love it.

I wanted to use and injection on it and had no idea how to do it or make one. I started searching the web for one. After several different sites, I stumbled across TVWBB. I was amazed at all the great info and even better people. That was less than a year ago, June will be my 1 year membership. I now have a 22 OTS and a 22 WSM. My next addition, a SMJ Jumbo :)

I love it!! I was such a rookie/hockey puck cooker :) With this site and these great people I've become much better, and more informed in different ways and styles and recipies. I wish I could cook more often and hang here a lot more. I sneak a peak through my phone, I'm always signed in just not always able to post.

As always, CHRIS YOU ROCK MY FRIEND!! Thanks for all you do!! ;)

I googled the best smoker to buy and found the weber website. I had a brinkmann for a couple years that my wife got me as a birthday gift but used it once and decided it was a money pit so I sold it and decided on the wsm after reading the site.
She swore I'd use the wsm about as much as the brinkmann but of course, she was wrong once again. :eek:

Back