How big should my butt be?

J Solenberg

TVWBB Member
Is there a rule of thumb regarding how much butt serves how many people? I haven't done one yet, only ribs & chicken.
-Jeff

icon_biggrin.gif
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
icon_wink.gif

Everyone likes them no matter what size they are, some like them big, some like them small, they are just good all around IMHO. If your going to fire up the smoker though, might as well get the biggest one you can. You can always save some for later.
icon_biggrin.gif

J- General consensus here seems to be 1 lb. uncooked butt yields 1/2 lb. cooked. Figure about 1/3 lb. cooked per adult and do one extra butt as a backup.

You can also search this forum for "big eaters" and get many opinions and answers.

T-

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Solenberg:
Is there a rule of thumb regarding how much butt serves how many people? I haven't done one yet, only ribs & chicken.
-Jeff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like'em round and big
And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself
I'm actin like an animal
Now here's my scandal
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Barineau:
J- General consensus here seems to be 1 lb. uncooked butt yields 1/2 lb. cooked. Figure about 1/3 lb. cooked per adult and do one extra butt as a backup.

You can also search this forum for "big eaters" and get many opinions and answers.

T- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, this is exactly what I was looking for.

And to all the other responses...
icon_razz.gif
I love it!
-Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Hey Honey - does this butt make my smoker look big?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Awesome!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Solenberg:
-Jeff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like'em round and big
And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself
I'm actin like an animal
Now here's my scandal
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baby got back, problems
icon_biggrin.gif

dont drink and post
icon_razz.gif