Hot Ones

D Livingston

TVWBB Fan
The UPS guy delivered 6 bottles of hot sauce used in the show (good show; the original YouTube interview version, not the newer game show version). So what's a guy to do? Kettle fry some jumbo wings, AKA drumsticks, for dinner. These were the three bottles I opened and tried out. All three were really quite tasty. The kettle fried chicken is always a hit at home. I cooked up eight drumsticks and two boneless breast, and this was all that was left.

y4mPERVtP4lurgmxzA7qf_VZUY7Rt86UtW_n922IASGD1Eq6lK1mrXBIrAaecUQ2_onVNUC8aBasUAsbYEPz2VyH0LJ26gkE0Q8j9lAOg4kFKtlNPxXH2eKjwpVu056EukcDI6V0l4_rqXEy_MldSJ2xJKPL8bLbAbvVIih8txs_Z2lsKsIidxAQkOjAO_0a_a1yala4JndJoIjH2ODP7blzA

Attachments

• 20200502_192146.jpg
    20200502_192146.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1
Great looking wings. I love the YouTube version, the Host really does his homework and asks some really good questions. interested to see what you think of all the hot sauces...
Tim

"Wings" look good!! I'm assuming your six bottles varied heat wise from the more timid to the knock your socks off variety. I've only watched that show half dozen times and really enjoyed most of them.

Any Original Juan in your pantry ? ;)
Chicken looks good !

If you are referring to Da Bomb, no, that was not one of the six I bought. Here are the other three.

y4mPQ4kTY8MwEmJP6FMe8WoT5ljEjA-4LOPOXd9YZX_USk8E5jFHGbE0xu2O0DiPBCzQ23rqUuQsAczRHAZzhxZ7L9PXuzR5qJl_4vll7nqA0dYtJFY-tqfliZKUVH5ePmONkP30O9VTNSUV9yODYAtMJt_mriuc83IIuNe2_DlgVMbJOL6zZiLKGHLxO0vI2Hseyi2I6VicsRsfiMA9ytALw

There were five that I wanted to try based on reactions from the guests on the show (those from season 11). The five I got are numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 in the lineup of ten (The Classic, Tamaulipeka, the mustard based one, Los Calientes, and Hot Thai Green) . Then I just needed to spend four more dollars for free shipping and so I had to pick another, and they were out of the Last Dab, so I just picked one that looked good.

The Thai Green has a mix of herbs in it that I wouldn't normally expect in a hot sauce (lemongrass, basil, and ginger), but it's really good.

Looks to be an excellent selection of sauces.
Most any of them are probably too much for me anymore...
Make that, all too much for me, period...
Hot sauces were so much more enjoyable 30 years ago... ;)
Even Da Bomb, Beyond Insanity was non-life threatning back then... :)

Nice addition to your Hot Sauce Family, D. I have been watching Hot Ones for quite a while now, and I really enjoy the interviewees who are more in tune with their taste buds and can taste (and appreciate) a lot of the different things going on in each sauce. Usually that surprises Sean Evans, because most of the celebrities he interviews are not foodies. I also like the ones who eat REAL chicken wings who take REAL bites and not tiny nibbles. :cool:

Back