Hot coffee, & the smell of smoke in the air.

chris comer

TVWBB Super Fan
Hot coffee, cold Irish cream, oldies on the stereo and meat on the smoker. The smell of hickory, before sunrise, the house quiet as everyone else sleeps. A little quiet time for me after a Saturday of little league games, end of season parties, and being out in the sun all day. Guess I'll have to get motivated to do some chores today, but I figure that can wait a few hours.

You forgot to mention the slight warm breeze and the sound of birds chirping in the background
icon_smile.gif

I like these kinds of moments too...

Actually it's a nice cool breeze about 64 degrees, and the sound I hear is a locomotive horn as it crosses the highway about a mile from the house. Here in a couple of hours I'm sure it will be Spongebob Squarepants, Hanna Montana, and kids picking at one another. It's all good though, gotta enjoy the kids while they are small, growing up to quickly if you know what I mean.

Hi chris,

Sounds like a delightful morning. No smoking or grilling for me today. We were up at 4:30 a.m. and out about sunrise this morning on one of our tandem bicycles. We rode through Wilderness Park. Usually we see deer. Not this morning. This morning, we heard a deer. We were riding along and heard a slight rustle in the brush and all of the sudden there was a genuine buck snort (not the less-than-genuine kind). Neither of us saw it, but it sounded to me as the captain as if it was about 10 feet away. My stoker, said it sounded like it was in her ear. Very close indeed!

For those of you smoking or grilling today--have the best day ever!

###

I had plans to get up before the sun and put a brisket on the smoker but the 3:00am phone call from work ruined that plan. Had to boot up the laptop and fix a device problem. The day has gone from a brisket on the smoker to roadside chicken on the Platinum.

Back