Homemade Orecchiette and pesto with grilled shrimp and asparagus

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
The other week in Kate's food magazine they had how to make orecchiette pasta so we decided after last week of eating red meat in copious amounts almost every day due to some friends in town we'd do a red-meatless week this week. I love orecchiette in a bunch of sauces since it 'scoops' up the sauce almost; a chance to try to make it? Why not! Making it was fairly simple however we both agree we should of made them a little smaller and thinner, but it was still really good. It is actually my lunch today! Anyways onto the photos, which I only took a few of.

The orecchiette, we should of probably made them a bit more convex:
b66d0b0ac03f11e39abc0002c99b3e94_8.jpg

Shrimp and asparagus on the grill. I did the asparagus first over medium heat before cranking it up to high heat and throwing the Shrimp on a few mesquite chips.
IMG_20140409_195109.jpg

All together:
IMG_20140409_195956.jpg

Not much for presentation tonight. The pesto was also a little bit healthier than usual, we didn't use any nuts in it. Was just EVOO (just under 1/4 cup), parm (just over 1/4 cup), and basil (about 1.33 cups) and have plenty of pesto left over. All in all was pretty good, next time I might do the asparagus on the side, just because prefer it that way.

Until next time,
Daum

Last edited:
What a great fresh healthy meal! And you have pesto left over, which is always a good thing. You
can make some pesto peppers.

Back