home made rib racks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Small

TVWBB Fan
Anyone have any pics of home made rib racks? I have to smoke two cases and my smoker wont handle them laying down. Any help would be great.
Bill

Bill, Lowes has Char-Broil racks for about $7/rack. Is that too much? If you get two racks you can put 6 full slabs on each rack(I've done it)!

Just a thought...don't know about homemade racks!

Hey Bill, I do it like Rob said all the time, it works great. With a little effort, you can un-roll them for liquid stage if wanted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Small:
Anyone have any pics of home made rib racks? I have to smoke two cases and my smoker wont handle them laying down. Any help would be great.
Bill <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do the spare ribs 90% of the time. Wish I could find a better way of putting them all on there. Costcos sells them 2 full racks to a pack, and they fill both racks of the smoker. Would like to get more on there though. I myself prefer the spare ribs vs. the price of the b/backs. We just scored some spare ribs for $1.49 a #.

I bet you could stand 'em on edge and use skewers or toothpicks as spacers between them so they don't touch each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We just scored some spare ribs for $1.49 a #. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where?

My suggestion is to roll them. I'm not really that fond of racks. I have two of them and have only used them twice and I didn't like it. I prefer to roll them and tie them with butchers twine. OR the other option is ask for another WSM for XMas
icon_smile.gif

I added another rack to my wsm. I got a rack that was a little smaller than the top rack and used some nuts, bolts, washers to give it legs and that way, I can do more racks and keep them lying flat. Which I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back