Home Made Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
Before I got my SS Performer I made my own out of 2x4s and 1x4s. At this time I am not posting any dimensions but they will follow. I am just posting some reference pictures for those interested.

Also, I have had no heat issues with the wood frame in the 2 years I have used this set up. This includes high heat sears for steak and low and slow smokes for brisket and butt.

One of the things that I liked about this build was that the final height of the grill is close to 36". I am close to 6' so it is more comfortable to cook on.

The first photo shows the over all Performer with out table top. Note the support block for the front leg.

rsIMG_0143.jpg

This shot shows the simple method of securing the handle to the wood. 2 staggered 1x4s

rsIMG_0141.jpg

Screw and washer to secure the back legs through the old wheel axle holes. The wheels are attached to the wood frame with bolts as the new axles 3" x 3/8".

rsIMG_0146.jpg

This back side shot shows the notched 2x4. Also, note that the vertical notched 2x4 are 1" shorter than the front ones so that the wheels will roll. More updates coming.

rsIMG_0149.jpg

Here is another pic of the home made Performer right after I built it. Notice the cart is bigger. I cut it down to its present size last summer.
weberhomebrew.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back