Home indoor Deep Fryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveM.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone, does anybody know of a good home indoor deep fryer that anyone knows of that is good for frying wings for buffalo wings? Thanks

I do all my deep frying on the stovetop using a wok. I always thought having a separate deep fryer would just be another kitchen gadget that I don't have room for.

Steve,

This one ain't bad.

607922_400.jpg

I have a GE that I got at Wal mart.
I think I gave around $60.00 for it.
They had a couple differnt models, I beleive I got the largest one made by GE.
So far Ive had mine for a couple years, and it works great.
I do alot of shrimp, fish, wings, fries, onion rings, clams, etc.
Tried doing chicken legs once, and it took forever, and the skin was really cruchy while the insides close to the bone were not cooked.
Since then I stick to the smaller stuff in there.
The only problem Ive had with mine is the steam tends to get all over the face of the unit, and when I went to clean it, it took some of the writing off. Which is no big deal, as I always crank it up to max for just about eveything I put in there.

Have an Oster brand, its a good unit for cooking for just a couple of people, around $40.00 at Costco, handles catfish, frys and hushpuppys easly. With everything I put in this small deep fryer I cut it into small strips help speed cooking.
By the way picture above of that much crispy chicken overflowing from the basket in one cook is B.S.

The one Chris posted on about a month ago looked really good and seriously tempted me. I can't remember the brand but it was around $120. I'm sure you can find it on a search if you're interested.

yep - that's the one Chris posted on and it does look good. As he says, "buy the best and only cry once"

I've been very pleased with the fryer shown in the William-Sonoma link above. I think it was about $120 at Linen N Things.

Happy frying,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back