Holding ribs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH AZ

On Sat. I will probably have ribs done 2-3hrs before dinner, can I hold them in a cooler like I've heard mention with butts? Or is there a better way?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanx for any help
icon_smile.gif

One more ? I will have six adults and 3-4 kids (under 6 y/o) will 4 racks of baby backs be enough?

Hi Mike

Yes-you can hold them that way. I recommend a double thickness of heavy duty foil. I usually put a towel over them in the cooler as well.

I think you'll want another 2 racks unless you're doing other meats as well.

Kevin

Mike,

I think you are going to run out of ribs.I dont know how your friends eat, but I plan a rack per adult around here.And if you have left overs...um good for breakfast!

Have fun ,
Rick

You WILL run out of ribs, espically if you are doing BB. I would get at least 8 racks...if the kids eat ribs to then maybe 10 racks should be in order.

Why will the ribs be done so long before dinner? Is something else going in there for a later finish? If not, why not time it so you can pull them off when dinner is ready. Easier and more impressive than un-wrapping foil off your ribs!

Thanx sooo much for the help! I just got myself out of the wedding shower I needed to goto so now I can time the ribs so they will be done at dinner (I don't have the confidence yet to leave them cooking if I'm gone
icon_eek.gif
) Looks like I'll get 6-8 racks I'll need to roll them to gat them to all fit right? ( I only have one weber rib holder) Again thanx for saving my "Q"
If we are eating around 7-7:30p I think I'll start them around 1-1:30a is that enough time?
Thanx again for your time, I'll try to get some pics...

"You WILL run out of ribs, espically if you are doing BB. I would get at least 8 racks...if the kids eat ribs to then maybe 10 racks should be in order."

Ummmm, you may not want to do a full rack for everyone who attends !!!

A good rule of thumb for BB, is that if you have a mixed crowd ( men, women, children ) then 2 full racks will feed 3 eaters.

Good Luck and Have Fun !!!

I still think he would be wise to get more instead of less ribs...but then again, I'd do pork butts for pulled pork sammiches!!
icon_smile.gif

Hi TekEss, and welcome to the bulletin board!

One small point...please read this topic about display name.

If you have any questions or concerns, please click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and send me an e-mail.

Thanks!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back