HOAGIE!!!!

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
First, to me, the most important thing is the roll. I like mine long and soft inside and with a crunch on the outside. Then. EVOO all over the inside and as I get older, the sprinkling of oregano gets less and less. lol Then sliced ham (I like deli boiled ham) Genoa salami, Provolone cheese, sliced onion, sliced tomato, lettuce. Enjoy!!!!!!

Home-made sourdough rolls baked just the way I like them. A 50/50 mix of mayo and yellow mustard, Home-made pastrami, steamed and topped with melted American cheese, home fermented dill pickle slices, thin sliced red onion, pepperoncini, sliced black olives and home-made sauerkraut. Tomato if we've got ripe home-grown.

First, to me, the most important thing is the roll. I like mine long and soft inside and with a crunch on the outside. Then. EVOO all over the inside and as I get older, the sprinkling of oregano gets less and less. lol Then sliced ham (I like deli boiled ham) Genoa salami, Provolone cheese, sliced onion, sliced tomato, lettuce. Enjoy!!!!!!
I started to blush when I read the first two sentences of your post!😀

I really miss the Kresge's, (then K-Mart) subs from 50 yrs ago. A couple of them for $1 and a Saturday afternoon at the movies....

This is the "You know you're old" thread isn't it?

and, thanks to Einstein Bros, that is what I had for breakfast/brunch today (with egg and bacon).

I really miss the Kresge's, (then K-Mart) subs from 50 yrs ago. A couple of them for $1 and a Saturday afternoon at the movies....

This is the "You know you're old" thread isn't it?
I had totally forgotten about these subs from my youth. They were fantastic to me (at the time). My parents always bought their deli ham from K-Mart.

Update

I don't know if it is you all making your own bread/rolls here, but, DH said he wants to make me some hoagie rolls, the way I like them. Will keep you posted. lol

No, DH hasn't made me any hoagie rolls yet, but he did buy a nice long baguette yesterday and since we had such a late breakfast and wont have time for lunch, we are going to have lunch for dinner. YEP!!!!!

HOAGIE'S!!!!! Can't wait.

Yes, we did have hoagies for dinner and yes I did ask DH to take pictures for you, but his dang gum phone just would not work right. So sorry!

Today is "NATIONAL HOAGIE DAY"

and no! DH has not made me hoagie rolls yet.:cry: We both forgot:oops:. Oh well, DH wants Taco's tonight for Cinco de Mayo.

Back