HM webpage not found

FrankH

Hello,

I just finished my build:) and now I can't go to the HM homepage:confused:.

I got the address from the HM wired and wireless but when I enter that into the web browser nothing happens.

I tried it with internet explorer and chrome and on 2 computers all with the same result.

Can somebody please help me.

Frank

What is the address of the PC? What address are you trying for the HM? Can you ping the HM?

The address of the pc is: 192.168.1.40
the address for the hm is: 192.168.200.1 wired, 192.168.201.1 wireless

I can't ping the hm with the above adresses (answer from 62.45.30.225:can't reach target network. Time-out command)

edit: with wifi analyzer I can see the heatermeter(7c:dd:90:44:13:5b)

Last edited:
The address of the pc is: 192.168.1.40
the address for the hm is: 192.168.200.1 wired, 192.168.201.1 wireless

I can't ping the hm with the above adresses (answer from 62.45.30.225:can't reach target network. Time-out command)

edit: with wifi analyzer I can see the heatermeter(7c:dd:90:44:13:5b)

It needs to be on the same subnet as your network. If your home network is 192.168.1(subnet).1 then the Heatermeter needs to be on 192.168.1.#, same as your computer which is 192.168.1.40

when you first start the HM its IP address is 192.168.200.1 so you can connect to it easier, wired. After you get the Wifi Running, the HM should default to your home network settings for WiFi, when you save the changes and restart the Hm without the Cat5 cable plugged in.

The easiest thing, if you have a device with wifi, is to connect to the heatermeter access point then connect to http://192.168.201.1/ or http://openwrt.lan/

Or pull out the wifi adapter, and plug in wired ethernet, wait for it to boot up and display the IP address on the display (will not be 192.168.200.1 or 192.168.201.1). Verify that works with your web browser, then unplug the device, put the wifi back in and boot it up. It will still get the same IP on your network so just use that IP again once it boots.

I was trying to connect trough my computer instead of my router.
Now everything is working fine.

Thanks

I've connected to the heatermeter access point but can't the IP address page cannot be found. Any tips?

Give the snapshot version of the software a try. It will allow you to pre-configure your wifi settings.

1) Download openwrt-rpi.zip from here

2) Write the image to the SD card

3) Edit the config.txt file on the card, filling in the wifi_ssid and wifi_password fields.

Code:
# SSID (network name)
wifi_ssid=myhomewifi
# Password for encryption
wifi_password=rainbowunicorn

Make sure to remove the leading # on both wifi_ssid and wifi_password before saving it. The # ( comment ) will be added back after you boot.

It should now boot and connect to your wifi network. You can check the devices page to see if it's online.

Last edited:

Back