Highest Praise from the Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Lewis

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm really enjoying my WSM. So far I've stuck with chicken and ribs. For my 4th smoke I tried the "Chicken on a Throne" recipe from "Smoke & Spice." Excellent bird. My wife is chicken fan, though I prefer ribs. In fact, she gave me the highest praise. Initially, she was none too pleased when she saw how much I paid for the WSM in the first place ($175). However, yesterday after eating the "Chicken on a Throne," she stated "Your smoker has really paid for itself." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Yes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Now she's hooked. Its time to move from chicken and ribs. Next week, pork butt.

Keeping women happy, you just know it's not going to last!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Jim

I beg to differ Jim! All I have to do is walk out to the garage and look at my WSM, and I purr like a kitten. *SIGH* /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

Kelly
There is always an exception to the rule, you take out the trash? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Jim

I agree with Jim. One "Aww $h!+" from the little woman will wipe out a whole months worth of "Your wonderful, Honey". I guarantee it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

On another note, Dave, how flavorful was your bird? I did two this weekend (the birds were approx 8lbs each) and the one I ate (one went to a friend) was good but I couldn't taste the injection liquid at all /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . I didn't eat any of the skin either. In fact, it tasted just about like regular chicken and that was disappointing. What was your smoke wood? I used hickory...one fist sized chuck and two about half that size.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Kelly
There is always an exception to the rule, you take out the trash? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep! Not only that Jim, but I don't even nag!! Well, I take that back. I nag Kevin when he doesn't take time out to have fun and relax. Last weekend he was working so hard around the house (after a long work week) that I made him take off and go have some fun and relax. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm definitely the exception to the rule!

About the only thing I do (or don't do, depending on how you look at it) is let him get the Webers fired up.... I'm too obsessed to give up that joy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, to get this back to the topic of smoking, I'm going to do a pork butt this weekend. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Kelly

My "Chicken on a Throne" was very juicy, except the breast. The breast was moist and good, but next time I'm going to really inject the heck out of the breast. The thighs (my favorite part) with skin on were dripping with juice. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The bird tasted even better the next day. As for wood, I used 3 chucks (4x2x1) of apple. I learned my first smoke not to use the heavier smoking woods like hickory or mesquite on chicken. My first chicken was good, but the skin was too bitter to eat. My wife didn't care because she doesn't eat the skin. But, I do. I really like the flavor of the apple smoke on chicken. I would like to experiment more with cherry or other friut woods, but my cherry is in very limited supply. I save the cherry for BRITU ribs. A friend is cutting down a plum tree so I'm about to add plum to my growing wood collection.

Kelly
I want to nominate you for wife of the year!!
He was working too hard around the house and you made him relax? I'm falling in love.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Dave
I do chicken in pieces because I get a lot more control when they get pulled off the cooker.
Jim

Jim,

I gratefully accept your nomination! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I actually sent Kevin out of the house so he wouldn't be tempted to get back to work. He took his book and headed to the beach for a few hours, and I stayed home and cooked a fabulous supper. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Of course, he treats me like a Queen, which makes it really easy and fun to be a "wonderful wife".

Anyway, sorry to "hi-jack" your thread, Dave. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I suggest doing an overnighter on your pork butt. Best smell in the world to wake up to. I usually do a combination of the "Renown Mr. Brown", with a mustard coating first (see the "Let's Cook" section. If you and your wife like salmon, try some smoked salmon, too (but I wouldn't do it at the same time as the pork butt). Hmmmm, now I'm getting hungry.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Kelly

(slapping forehead) -- Jim, doing pieces makes sense! Why didn't *I* think of that??

PrestonD, thanks for your vote! Kevy (aka Pookie) IS a lucky man, and I (aka Schmoopie) am a lucky woman as well!

Kelly

P.S.

Did I mention that during football season, Kevy is strictly prohibited from doing anything around the house, other than watching the games? There is nothing sadder than a guy cleaning a toilet while his favorite team plays on a Sunday afternoon or a Monday night. I just won't have it. Not in MY house. Heck, I feel bad when I have to block his view when I walk past the TV to check on the WSM! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

Ok i think kelly is just making stuff up to make us feel jelous/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Topic adresser: Try injecting your chicken with 50/50 mix of melted butter and honey. MY OH MY your wife will not just say its great, she will have you cooking every weekend/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jason

Melted butter and honey, Jason? That sounds absolutely delicious!! And nope, I'm not making any of it up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Minion:
[qb]Keeping women happy, you just know it's not going to last!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Jim[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL...! agreed Jim! ...thats why i popped in this thread, to see if i could pick up any pointers!

Well they must grow em kind, generous and lovely in Eureka...and in Port Orange cause my wife is like that too!

The honey and butter does sound great!

regards,
PrestonD

Preston, sounds like your wife and I are BOTH lucky women, in addition to being smart enough to find the right guy!

Jim, the jewelry thing cracks me up. Kevy's ex never wanted anything but jewelry. If he got her something practical, he was in the doghouse for weeks. When we first got together, the first time he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I took him to a local gourmet kitchen shop and showed him the Wusthof chef's knife I wanted. It took a lot of work on my part to convince him that I was serious. Now we get each other camping or cooking supplies, and we are both always thrilled.

Let's see, my birthday is coming up in about 6 weeks... time to start picking out my next Weber! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back