High temp/How much fat cap

I don't trim any. I occasionally trim out the pocket of fat between the point and the flat but often don't even bother with that. If I trim the cap at all I trim after the rest, before serving. Others do trim. It's up to you.

Thanks for the speedy reply Kevin. I knew it would either be you, Bryan, or Craig to be one of the first to reply. That's what i was thinking because of the high heat and the fat cap protecting the meat. One more thing. It won't be served until Monday. I'm doing this for a co-worker. When should I pull it, and how should it rest in a situation like this?

Pull it when tender. Rest, foil opened, on a rack on the counter, so that it will start cooling. After an hour or so, place the rack on a sheetpan and stick it in the fridge, and just drape a piece of plastic over the top to protect it from anything from above. Wrap when cold.

The first couple of high heat briskets, I did trim some of the cap. But I found it to be unnecessary and stopped. (Plus I cut my hand pretty good while being careless).

I do dig into the cavity though, and any fat left on is easily trimmed when slicing.

Yes. When chilled enough that there isn't residual internal heat to worry about (<60? in other words).

Back