Hi! Rebuilding a Weber Unicorn (Vieluxe 44")

GregWalker

Hi everyone! This forum has been a create resource in helping to find parts and ideas for my Vieluxe. My uncle gave me the grill about 8 years ago and I had no idea what I was getting, other than it was built like a tank. Finally about a month ago the regulator gave up and it was clear it was time for a deep clean/rebuild. So far I have had a burner tube fixed, replaced the cross over ignition tubes, replaced the ignitors, got new flavorizer bars, and retrofitted a tru-tel thermometer into the factory bezel.

Where should I post all my info I have gathered over the past few weeks I have been sourcing parts and picture? I want to share what I have learned for any other Vieluxe owner out there who wants to keep this unique grill going.

Living "The Luxury of Life" grill experience out in california.

-Greg

Hi everyone! This forum has been a create resource in helping to find parts and ideas for my Vieluxe. My uncle gave me the grill about 8 years ago and I had no idea what I was getting, other than it was built like a tank. Finally about a month ago the regulator gave up and it was clear it was time for a deep clean/rebuild. So far I have had a burner tube fixed, replaced the cross over ignition tubes, replaced the ignitors, got new flavorizer bars, and retrofitted a tru-tel thermometer into the factory bezel.

Where should I post all my info I have gathered over the past few weeks I have been sourcing parts and picture? I want to share what I have learned for any other Vieluxe owner out there who wants to keep this unique grill going.

Living "The Luxury of Life" grill experience out in california.

-Greg
Greg,
Thanks for posting. I just caught up with your post. I am in a similar position. I love my 44" Vieluxe but it's in real need for repair. Not for the lack of trying, I've struck out trying to source just about everything I need. Excited to hear about your experience as I've decided to tackle this project while somewhat COVID-bound

Back