Hi from Albany!

AMumma

TVWBB Member
Hey there folks,

You may have seen me posting in other areas of the forum, so I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm a bit of an interesting story. My wife and I are (were) vegetarian for ethical reasons. We both ate meat until we were 22/23 and then stopped totally. She hasn't touched it in years, while I've had affairs with bacon and steak on past occasions (we're both 27 now). Truth of the matter is, I have a taste for it and she doesn't. I'm back mostly for enjoyment, and in making sure I only buy non-factory farmed products, I'm comfortable with the meat conundrum as it is presently constituted. Moving on now, because I don't want this to become a big thing. I've seen and had arguments about this in the past with others, and for the most part they're all petty and relatively stupid.

Grilling is something I love to do, something I'm passionate about, and something that I find extremely relaxing. I've been cooking on the same Weber 22.5 kettle since we bought our house four years ago, and while I've also got a few other Weber toys, I've always stayed true to my one and only. :blackkettle: Grilling nothing but veggies/soy protein/synthetic meats (for lack of a better term) has made me a better cook, and I'm taking it to new heights now with my new WSM 14.5 smoker. I got the little guy because it was on sale and because I'm mostly going to be smoking meat for myself. I'm very good at the grill, and that's from years of practice. I will be able to master the WSM in due time, but I can assure you I'll be asking for help a lot along the way. Even something as simple as prepping meat is something I'll need to sort of knock the rust off for. It's been a while.

You have all been extremely helpful in my first few days as a member of the forum, and I look forward to interacting much more further down the line.

Welcome to the forum Amumma.
Because Ive just read another post of yours, I know I will see some meat pics from you in the early future.

Welcome to the forum AMumma. Glad you are coming back from the dark side. Can't live without meat myself. This is a great place to learn and to share and everyone here is very friendly. Congrats on that new WSM.

Back