Hi all from Marin County!

DanJC

TVWBB Fan
Hi!

I used to have a little Weber Q1000, but haven't had a grill for a few years as our SF apartment had no patio. Moved into a new house north of the city, and was planning on buying a brand new Weber Spirit or Genesis. Was left a little less than enthused by the bulky modern design (and bulkier yet price tag). After a bit of research came across this forum which encouraged me to look into vintage models. Just picked up a ~1995 Weber Skyline 520 off CL. Such a cool little grill. I'm originally from the midwest so love the Chicago skyline. It's in pretty solid shape and lights up hot on the first click. Putting a bit of work into it, so looking forward to learning more!

Attachments

• IMG_5278.jpeg
    IMG_5278.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 21
Welcome! Yes the older models are built much better than the newer ones. And parts are very affordable and easy to get when you do need them. I just restored a Skyline for my mother in law. Very cool looking grills.

Hi!

I used to have a little Weber Q1000, but haven't had a grill for a few years as our SF apartment had no patio. Moved into a new house north of the city, and was planning on buying a brand new Weber Spirit or Genesis. Was left a little less than enthused by the bulky modern design (and bulkier yet price tag). After a bit of research came across this forum which encouraged me to look into vintage models. Just picked up a ~1995 Weber Skyline 520 off CL. Such a cool little grill. I'm originally from the midwest so love the Chicago skyline. It's in pretty solid shape and lights up hot on the first click. Putting a bit of work into it, so looking forward to learning more!

Dan, welcome and that should rehab nicely. Plenty of experienced people here willing to give you advice so ask if you need advice.

Back