Hey there from Jersey

George in NJ

TVWBB Member
Found this site looking for replacement parts for my Genesis Gold C and decided to join. Now I wanna start restoring my grill too! Any other Jerseyians on this board too?

Nope, not me, but WELCOME from an ex PA. (used to spend summers at Wildwood when little, does that count?) LOL

Sorry to hear that. Do you do work on the Island or take the LIRR to the city? Well maybe not at the moment but u get what I mean. I do the bus ride to the Port Authority that's no fun neither. Tunnel traffic is not getting any better.

Greetings from South Jersey - just assembled my WSM 18" this weekend. Planning to do a few test burns this weekend to get a handle on temp control

Hey there! From Central NJ here and like the rest of you, stumbled on here working on a restore.

I purchased a beach house and was first contemplating bringing my 2000 Silver B to the shore and getting myself a new one for the main house but I love that grill too much so found myself a Silver A on Craigslist for $20 and performed my first restore that will be brought to the beach.

Next spring I will refresh my Silver B as well! The new grills out there just don’t compare. Here’s a pic of my Silver A cleaned up and painted!

Attachments

• A7896A8E-F2D3-4069-8593-FE26C2D0E1F2.jpeg
    A7896A8E-F2D3-4069-8593-FE26C2D0E1F2.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 7
Hey there! From Central NJ here and like the rest of you, stumbled on here working on a restore.

I purchased a beach house and was first contemplating bringing my 2000 Silver B to the shore and getting myself a new one for the main house but I love that grill too much so found myself a Silver A on Craigslist for $20 and performed my first restore that will be brought to the beach.

Next spring I will refresh my Silver B as well! The new grills out there just don’t compare. Here’s a pic of my Silver A cleaned up and painted!
Welcome from Marlboro!
Did you dye those wheels grey or they come like that?

No. I guess they were faded. The white “Weber” trim rings were dry rotted and looked like krap so took them off and cleaned the wheels with goof off.

I really scored with this grill. It’s a 2004 and it was given to the guy that sold it and he had it buried in his garage for 10yrs but it was obvious it was never cleaned in the time whomever used it. The firebox has a gash in the coating on the right side so wire brushed it best I could and painted it along with the end caps. Keeping it covered and cared for, I should be able to get many years out of it. Also being at the beach, I opted to get grates and bars in SS to prolong life.

Welcome from Marlboro!
Did you dye those wheels grey or they come like that?

My father is from Chatham. I used to spend some time in the summers at the grandparents place when I was a kid. Good times.

Back